We can only assume if you have found this blog that you are at least considering the idea of having your wedding here in Nicaragua. Congratulations! On getting hitched and on finding this blog! You have found a place in Nicaragua that is unique in the world of destination weddings. Perhaps you have family ties here (roughly 60% of our clients) or, more and more, we are seeing people who are seeking something out of the ordinary (40% of clients) and have in fact never been to Nicaragua before. What everyone has in common though is the desire for a more unique wedding, a more intimate wedding, one that is truly about the two of them- and Nicaragua is that place without a doubt
So as photographers- what leads us to believing Nicaragua and the San Juan del Sur area is the best choice for you special day?
1) The Beaches - The beaches in San Juan del Sur and surrounding areas are unmatched in their raw beauty. Hands down some of the prettiest in the world (and we've seen a lot of the world and a lot of beaches) Unlike the beaches in Mexico or say the Dominican Republic, the beaches located in southern Nicaragua tend to be long coves making for dramatic photos with rocky outcrops, unique plant life and incredible waves. As well our west facing position makes for the most outstanding sunsets you've ever seen and stellar afternoon photography.
2) The Venues - With a plethora of interesting venue locations (Aqua, Rancho Santana, Mukul, Morgans Rock, Pelican Eyes, and this is just a few of the options) you are guaranteed to be catered to and pampered. These resorts are out to show the world that Nicaragua is the place to be! Or "Do it yourself" - that's right. Many couples come to Nicaragua for a do it yourself style beach wedding renting homes in the area and working with local businesses to create their dream bohemian beach wedding experience- have you dreamt about getting married on a rocky outcrop in the sea, Privately catered with a beach bon fire afterwards Whatever your choice, from DIY to totally pampered, you can find it here!
3) The Weather- you simply can't beat the weather here in Nicaragua. With a short rainy season spanning Sept-Oct that leaves you with 10 months of sunshine and trade winds to choose from for your special date. In particular we love the months of Nov-February when we are lush and green and not to hot as well as late June through to August which is a great shoulder season with empty beaches, warm waters, and beautiful sunny days. We are the ultimate escape from those dreary winter blues!
4) The Architecture- looking for a unique location for engagement or wedding shots? The beach town of SJDS provides a perfect back drop for gorgeous and typical central american scene with vibrant colours and beach style building. As well we are right near the incredible colonial city of Granada, on of the oldest cities in the Americas and an absolute gold mine of architecture, colour and culture. This is a fabulous spot for images as well as a night out on the town. Choosing southern Nicaragua as your venue provides you with all these options and they are all located in easy driving distances of each other!
5) The Little Extras- The little extras??? While the thing about Nicaragua is it's still an affordable place to host your destination- this might leave you with some extra money for some seriously fun activities at your wedding- bon fires, fire works, fire dancers, Nicaraguan folk dancers, live bands, pig roasts, Rum, cigar rolling tables, a Catamaran tour for the entire wedding party (guests too) the list goes on and on! In Nicaragua you have the ability to afford and enjoy these rather exotic and fun activities!
So whatever your style, your flair, your personality may be. You're sure to find that part of you in Nicaragua!
Let us host and spoil you, your family and friends here in Nicaragua while you celebrate your love in this incredible location
PS- The wedding photography team of Blue & Joel at Two Of You Photography isn't a bad reason to choose Nicaragua either- in fact it should be one that convinces you this is the place!